Communication synergies amongst similar projects funded under the European Union’s Preparatory Action on Defence Research (PADR) is a way to increase their visibility to a wider audience, communicate their results in a more targeted manner and overall implement joint dissemination activities.
The following PADR projects are connected to EXCEED:
The INTERACT Project enhances the capabilities of European armed forces to safely and effectively operate unmanned systems together with manned systems in joint or combined operations. The project will deliver the effective means to ensure the interoperability and standardisation of different unmanned systems, equipment, components and procedures in order to maximise benefit and optimise adoption and integration of unmanned systems in the operation of armed forces.
The development of an interoperable open architecture for mobile, unmanned systems (land, air and water) by the INTERACT project provides a strategic value for both – operational end-users and industry. The ability to make the unmanned systems interoperable i.e. exchange data and information from various systems on one hand and ensuring interchangeability across system payloads in a flexible manner on the other hand, will enable the armed forces to react comprehensively to rapidly changing requirements.
In brief, the INTERACT solution:
· Will enable a smoothly adoptable composition of systems and teams (both manned and unmanned).
· Will facilitate that required resources can be exchanged rapidly and reallocated.
· System downtimes will be avoided or reduced by optimally distributing and exploiting systems or system parts.
All the above can apply within armed forces units, between different armed forces units or service branches but conceptually also across national forces. Lastly, standardized interfaces for human-machine interaction can achieve continuity in the handling of the systems with positive effects on the certification, training and relevance of the assets.
Further information on INTERACT website – https://www.interact-padr.eu/
The EXCEED project is targeting the following impacts
- Ensure secure and autonomous availability of high performance and trustable (re)configurable SoC/SiPs to military end-users.
- Contribute to strengthening the European microelectronics industry and help improve its global position through the implementation of innovative technologies along a new European manufacturing value chain.
- Improved competitiveness of the end-user industry in and beyond the defence sector.
- And finally, demonstrate the potential of EU-funded research in support of EU critical defence technologies, in particular in the domain of (re)configurable SoC/SiPs.